At Sheppard Mullin, Antitrust and Competition law has been a premier practice for decades, as one of the firm’s name partners co-founded the Antitrust Section of the American Bar Association. That tradition continues today with our highly ranked global antitrust and competition practice, as underscored by Chambers USA noting “they get my highest marks – they just had such a breadth of expertise.” Our global competition resources include lawyers in California, Washington D.C., New York, Brussels, London, Seoul, Shanghai and Beijing.
Our Antitrust and Competition Group has numerous matters at the United States Department of Justice, the Federal Trade Commission, State Lawyers Generals, the European Commission and EU member states. In the U.S., our lawyers counsel clients and handle litigation involving the federal Sherman, Clayton and Robinson-Patman Acts, as well as state antitrust statutes including California’s Cartwright Act, Unfair Practices Act and Unfair Competition Act. Internationally, we advise on EU competition law, EU state aid, UK and various EU member states’ antitrust and regulatory matters, and China’s Anti-Monopoly law.
Sheppard Mullin’s Antitrust and Competition practice includes:
- Top tier international price fixing cartel expertise, criminal governmental defense, and MDL direct and indirect class cases
- Cutting edge IP/patent antitrust experience relating to standard setting, patent pooling, product distribution and licensing restraints, joint ventures and other competitor collaborations
- Extensive direct and indirect purchaser class action litigation experience, government investigations and merger clearance
- Merger and structuring issues, joint ventures and other competitor collaborations
- Antitrust audits and antitrust compliance programs
- Experience from former DOJ Antitrust Division lawyers, EC competition lawyers and former Presidents of the ABA Antitrust Section.
- Chambers USA has named our Antitrust Practice as top tier in California. As well, Chambers USA has recognized Gary Halling, Mike Scarborough, Michael Cohen, Don Klawiter and James McGinnis as top lawyers in Antitrust, and Legal 500 highly ranks our Antitrust practice in the U.S.
- Chambers Europe has named Jacques Derenne a “Star Individual” in Belgium Competition/State Aid, and he is ranked by Legal 500, GCR and the Best Lawyers of Europe. Isabelle Rahman is ranked by Chambers Europe and Chambers Global (EU competition) and she is recommended by European Legal Experts, Practical Law Company (PLC), IFLR 1000, Chambers Global and The Legal 500 EMEA. Robert Klotz is ranked by Chambers Global (German and Belgian competition law and German M&A) as well as Legal 500. Wim Vandenberghe is recommended by Legal 500 EMEA for EU Regulatory and Energy. Chambers UK has recognized Oliver Heinisch for UK competition law.
- U.S. News & World Report / Best Lawyers in America ranks Sheppard Mullin among the “Best Law Firms” in the United States, including a national Tier 1 ranking of the firm’s Antitrust Practice.
Click here to read more about our Antitrust Practice.